At the Tampa State Bank, the security of customer information is a priority. We are strongly
committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to
avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
- Watch out for copycat Web sites that deliberately use a name or Web address very similar to, but
not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking through to their Web site and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number or
Online Banking login information.
- Always use your pre-established links to access Web sites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited
e-mails. If you ever receive a suspicious e-mail representing itself as The Tampa State Bank, please forward the message in it’s entirety to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply
security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
- Passwords should be unique to you and changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or
words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
- Monitor your account activity frequently using our free Online Banking services.
- Set up free Security and Balance Alerts through Online Banking and Card Valet to be notified via phone, e-mail and/or
SMS text message when there is activity within your accounts as well as Debit Card transcactions.in your expected balance. Also take advantage OF Card Valet’s ability to “Turn Off” your debit
card whenever you feel your card may be lost or stolen.
Please keep in mind that we will never ask for or email you requesting your online
banking password. We may on occasion call to verify other information regarding your online activity should we see something of concern in your login patterns. If you plan to travel and use
your Online Banking or debit card, it is very helpful to call us in advance to avoid your account being temporarily disabled for security purposes.
If at any time you have questions regarding security or possible fraud, please contact
our customer service representatives at 620-382-5361 or via e-mail at email@example.com.